Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finally... Fucoidan-HealthWatch's official Blog is up...

Hello Readers!

Fucoidan-HealthWatch finally has an Official Blog up and running!!!  Here is some history on how Fucoidan-HealthWatch came into existence.


MY TESTIMONY

About a year ago, doctors had located a "mass" in my my father's liver. After numerous blood tests, CT scans, and MRIs, he was officially diagnosed with liver cancer. As you can imagine, this was very tough for our family, having to deal with this new finding.

With the arrival of this unwelcome guest into our lives, I started reading up on the disease and how it might be treated, or what we could expect. Over the course of several months, with the increasing number of visits to the Oncologists, my father was transferred to UCLA Medical Center for treatment. Since UCLA was not only my Alma Mater, but also one of the top Medical facilities in the US, we all felt at ease. Shortly after, my dad became a candidate for liver surgery where the head surgeon for liver transplants would be operating on my father. No transplant was required, just a simple procedure to remove the cancer from the liver. The surgery was a success and there were no traces of the cancer left in the liver, nor in the surrounding lymph nodes.

Fast forward about one (1) year later...

Continuing his regimen of visiting his Oncologist for his regular blood tests and follow-ups, my father's Alpha-Fetoprotein levels were found to be pretty high and was a cause for concern. Tests would reveal that the cancer which previously resided in the liver, had metastasize (migrated) to his lungs and the X-rays showed two nodules. A biopsy was ordered and the pathology report confirmed that the cancer from his liver was now the same one found in his left lung, meaning he now has lung cancer

After speaking with several family members and friends, we were turned onto an herbal supplement called Fucoidan. My aunt had a friend from college who was also diagnosed with liver cancer some time ago, and mentioned that he was taking Fucoidan, an element found in various species of brown seaweed. I had the opportunity to sit down with him and he had nothing but good things to say about Fucoidan. In our conversation, he motioned that Fucoidan gave him a boost in energy, so much that he was able to play tennis on occasion. He said that Fucoidan made living with cancer a bit more bearable, especially while he was undergoing chemotherapy.

After the discussion with him, I researched online for information on this supplement.  In my search, I found some very favorable results from others who have been taken it. From what I understand, Fuciodan is said to help boost the immune system and we all felt that this would be perfect timing, since my father was scheduled for chemotherapy in the upcoming month. My aunt's friend was also nice enough to provide us with a couple bottles of Fucoidan from his own supply so that my father could get started on the pills immediately.

Long story short, my father took Fucoidan for about a month prior to his first chemotherapy session.  Before his supply ran out, I decided to get some more for him so that he would have enough to last him at least through his chemotherapy session. We searched high and low, but ran into all sorts of dead ends. Much time, effort, and stress came from our "hunt" for Fucoidan. I found several sources in Japan but like many, I am always leery about placing international orders not knowing when or if, I would ever receive my order. The problem with Fucoidan is that it is very difficult to come by, especially if you live within the US. We finally found a place in the US but they going rate was around $330 USD per bottle, which is good for about a week. Other sources that we found required us to sign up to become independent distributors, which meant I would have to join a pyramid type organization.  This was definitely not for us. So the search continued...

Like many, I then resorted to checking on popular auction sites, but the pricing was somewhere in the range of $30-$40 a bottle? Why the huge discrepancy? I felt that this was too good to be true and given the nature as to why I was searching for Fucoidan, I did not want to skimp out on my father's health to save some money.  There is indeed something to the saying - "You get what you pay for".  I did some further research and found that, many places offering Fucoidan at a lower price point, do so at the cost of  compromising the potency and authenticity of the supplement. We wanted to make sure that what we were getting was the "real deal", as my aunt puts it. So after about another month of vigorously searching, we now have a reliable source for Fucoidan that is manufactured in Okinawa, Japan.

My father has been on chemotherapy since the day after Thanksgiving.  As you can imagine, I follow up with him daily to see how he is doing and feeling.  So far so good, and the side effects of the chemotherapy have been kept at a minimum. His Alpha-Fetoprotein levels have recently dropped from 270+, down to about 170. My father continues to maintain a positive outlook on his condition and strongly feels that Fucoidan is helping him manage the side effects of chemotherapy.  He is currently still taking Fucoidan daily and says that he feels "normal". This in itself is a very good sign that his body is fighting the cancer, alongside his meds.

This is how the idea of Fucoidan-HealthWatch came to fruition. We wanted to help others who are living with cancer, have been diagnosed with cancer, or are watching loved ones go through this journey.  We wanted to provide cancer patients with a reliable source for acquiring Fuciodan within the US, without having to jump through all the hoops that my family and I had to experience.

If you are interested in taking advantage of the health benefits contained within Fucoidan or simply want to supplement your existing diet, please visit us at:

www.Fucoidan-HealthWatch.com

You may also follow us on Twitter - @FucoidanHW

-H.Vuong
Owner of "Fucoidan-HealthWatch"

hvuong@fucoidan-healthwatch.com


PLEASE NOTE: By all means, anyone who is diagnosed with cancer, should seek professional medical attention and should not treat any herbal supplement as the cure for the disease. Should you decide to take Fucoidan or any herbal medicine as a supplement, please consult your physician as this may impact your personal treatment plan. www.Fucoidan-HealthWatch.com

2 comments:

  1. Cảm ơn thông tin của tác giả, ngoài ra để biết thêm về cách sử dụng Fucoidan cũng như một số bài viết liên quan đến điều trị các loại bệnh ung thư bạn có thể đọc thêm về fucoidan tại website của chúng tôi: https://goo.gl/3odoM3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the author's information, in addition to knowing more about how to use fucoidan as well as some articles related to the treatment of various cancers you can read more about fucoidan at our website: http://kingfucoidan.vn/fucoidan

    ReplyDelete